Wednesday, May 28, 2008

#146 - you can't win

i'm such an idiot. for some reason i just can't win when it comes to food. buying food. making food. ordering food. picking up food. eating food. i can't get it right. usually it's the ordering food thing that gets me in trouble, i take forever to finally decide what i want to eat and then i get something wrong or they give me something else that i didn't order. today i'm just a total loser at food.

so on wednesdays i work out at 24 hr. after work, and since it's at the shopping center and i'm hungry after and don't have much time to make dinner i buy something for dinner. which i really like to do because it's a nice break from cooking and it's like a treat at the end of my workout. so after the workout i go to foodland (cause the new sale starts every wednesday) and they have this special steak plate only on wednesdays, $6.50 and it comes with rice, salad, steak, i get the steak and shrimp plate, a little less steak (you don't need a lot anyway) and some shrimp scampi. really yummy right? so that's my wednesday treat and it's all hot and fresh off the hibatchi so it's good to take home and eat right away.

so i ordered one today. as i was walking out of the store i just had a notion to check inside and good thing i did because there was rice and salad and shrimp but no steak. so i went back and they were nice and got me some steak. then i went to the atm (because the one in foodland gives out $20s instead of $50s), i put my plate and shopping bag down and get some cash, then i pick my shopping bag up and walk out to my car. see the problem? only as soon as i pull into my garage at home do i realize that i completely left my steak & shrimp plate at the atm machine in foodland. i was so sad! i thought i was gonna cry. i know that's not a very manly thing to admit but i felt like such a loser at that precise moment. i was really looking forward to that steak & shrimp plate, especially after my workout, especially because it's only there on wednesdays, especially since i had it all in my hand and i was proud of myself that i checked it and made sure to go back to get the steak.

i'm such an idiot. i know it's a pretty trivial thing, but after i realized that i actually did leave it in foodland (because i went through maybe 15 seconds of the stages of grief... denial, anger, bargaining, acceptance... oh i missed a stage, i don't know), i was so sad. i felt like i wanted to fly to mcdonalds and get the worst extra value meal there, and i don't even like mcdonalds but for some reason i think i felt like i had to punish myself for leaving my nicely portioned yummy dinner in foodland.

sigh...

3 comments:

Kat said...

you missed depression. for some reason that's the one i always miss, too.

Yosh808 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
brandizzle said...

i'm totally sad for you. sounds like something i'd do (while drunk though) and i'd be really pissed, stuck in the anger phase. suck.