Saturday, July 25, 2009

#273 - cathartic dreaming

don't you love when your dreams turn into self-therapy? last night i had four separate dreams (that i can remember at least), which is unusual because most nights i can barely remember one. it was another night of sleeping too long (something i have not yet been able to keep under control this summer), i went to bed at 12:30 am and woke up at 11:21 am. the first dream was really the winner, and that's what probably motivated me to remember the other dreams, so here we go:

Dream #1 -
i was with my family, except my mom was roseanne (too much tvland prime), and she was "disabled" for some reason so some annoying red-head lady salesperson was trying to sell her on an assistive communication device that looked like a go-talk but bigger, like a dynavox (these are speech pathology devices that have buttons with pictures on them, you press the buttons and the electronic device plays a recording of the word). then suddenly we were at work, in the school library and the annoying red-head salesperson was making a sales presentation about the device using my mom as an example, except my mom was roseanne and therefore very NOT disabled and well able to speak her mind, so i was getting angry because obviously she does not need a device to talk for her (and indeed as she was testing the device she was pressing the buttons and saying the words herself out loud). but the sales lady keep pushing the device on everyone and i was getting so upset that i finally began to question her motives and i actually remember the little speech that i gave her, it went something like "do you actually believe, as a professional, that this is an appropriate device for this individual's needs? how can you stand there and sell us this device when we all clearly see that this person can speak for herself? how do you justify yourself selling this product as essential to her well-being when we all know she can talk on her own?" and then the lady got super pissed at me, but i was feeling all smug and victorious, but she kept going with her presentation and i was sitting there (we were all sitting indian-style on the floor) rolling my eyes at her and knowing that everyone else in the room was on my side anyway. but during her presentation she kept slipping in snide little remarks like, "but i guess SOME people don't see it that way" and giving me stink eye. so finally i stood up like a moke, went up to her and shoved her, like "what bitch? you got more to say?" and she was all offended and started saying that she'll complain and get my contract revoked or something like that, but i was still all smug and even the principal said "don't worry, she can't do that." haha, it was total victory for me.

after that i woke up, but it was still dark, i don't know time it was then, but i went to pee and slid back into bed.

Dream #2 -
this one was just fun. i was kinda living here in my home, except all of a sudden i was super rich and my home had three stories. my parents lived all the way on the first floor, the second floor was a bar and restraunt (like in a hotel) and the third floor was my room. each floor had a balcony and on the first there was a pool on the balcony and the third floor had a hot tub. i was sleeping in my bed on the third floor and my mom was getting ready for a big party, she told me that my friends were already there in the pool on the first floor, but i was still sleeping. when i woke up (in the dream, not in real life) i was embarrassed because i was in my sleeping shorts and i had a bed-head so i didn't want to go down to the party yet, but my friends (my friend from grad school) were moving from the first floor pool to the third floor hot tub because my mom's party was starting. so i walked downstairs (along the way i kept passing servants who were getting ready for the party with trays of food and stuff) and came into the parlor which was super fancy, all the walls were mirror and along each wall were glass wine displays, like in a department store, and my friends were sitting in the middle of the room drinking and eating, the servants brought in two trays of food which they said were popcorn and prawns, except the "prawns" were huge (like baseball-sized) kernals of popcorn. then they ran out of wine so i went to pick one from the wall, but i didn't know which one, so i told everyone to go to the third floor hot tub and i'd have a servant bring it up. then i walked around awhile marveling at the richness of my own house and finally went up to the hot tub where there was a cool view of the mountains and partied with my friends.

i don't think i woke up a second time here, but i did have another separate dream...

Dream #3 -
i was in bed again, but this time more aware that i was in my own regular home and not the fancy rich home. i heard people right outside of my door so i went to check through the peephole and saw two cars in my driveway. i didn't recognize the cars so i tried to hide from them (suddenly i had a glass window by the door so they could possibly have seen inside, and i was in my sleeping shorts again), then my phone rang, but i didn't answer it, it went to voicemail and i listened to it and it was my ex-gf and she said she got divorced or something and was all distressed and needed someone to talk to. i wasn't interested and deleted the message, but then i heard people outside my door again and there were a few people there and she was one of them, so i hid again and went back to bed.

last night i watched an episode of "ghost adventures" on the travel channel, and they spent the night inside a haunted house where there was said to have been incubus/succubus, you know what that is right? so the guy who lived there said that he's been attacked at night by the succubus as he was sleeping or just about to go to sleep. do you see where i'm going with this? not that she was exactly a succubus, but just in concept, my ex-gf somehow had a key to my front door and snuck in the house, i was pretending i was sleeping so she'd go away, but y'know what happened next. well, not completely at least, because i fought back and protested and was all proud of myself for not being a wuss. plus on that show the guys trying to catch the ghosts on camera are total pricks to the ghosts, calling them out, taunting them, really d-bag like too, haha. so i too stood my ground and talked her out of doing something dumb just because she just got divorced and in my head came up with reason after reason why it would be a bad idea. then i kicked her out, took back the key (i guess she had stolen it from me?), and told her to call me in a week if she still felt like it, haha.

that's when my radio alarm went off, but i didn't wake up completely, i laid in bed for a few minutes listening to the all-american rejects then fell asleep again.

Dream #4 -
this time i was in an amusement park, kind of like disneyland, but now that part of the dream is getting kind of fuzzy, i know there were some rides, and we went to play skee-ball (except it was called "lin-in-ball") and we were headed to the tower of terror but never actually made it there because i kept partially waking up, but it was really annoying because i'm not sure if i was actually waking up or if i was dreaming that i was waking up. because each time it occurred, i'd try to open my eyes but really just couldn't, y'know like how when you're really tired you just can't keep your eyes open? it was like that, like my lids were super heavy and as much as i wanted to wake up i couldn't get my eyes to open all the way. and i know that at least some of it was in real life because as i tried to pry my eyes open i could see my window and outside so i know that i was actually waking up, but for like maybe 10 times i'd try and could not wake up all the way. i think there's like some kind of disconnect between your body and your mind when that happens, like your mind is ready to wake up but you body hasn't gotten the message yet. because then i gave up and fell back asleep for what seemed like only a couple of minutes and then all of a sudden i thought, "i'm awake," and then i opened my eyes and the popped right open and i was wide awake. weird.

wow, that's the most dream i remembered in a long time. super weird. man, my sleep's all whacked up, it's gonna be tough getting back to work on tuesday...

No comments: