Monday, June 2, 2008

#148 - the haircut does not make the man

well, i knew it would come to this. after maybe a year of relatively pain-free haircuts i'm back to the random cross-your-fingers-and-hope-for-the-best approach to getting my haircut. too bad too because i actually found a pretty normal hairstylist the past two times i went to cut my hair but when i called today they said she don't work there no more so i was stuck with random stylist. sigh. and while it's not as bad as this:

it's still not something was comfortable with. i asked for a fauxhawk but it came out more like one of those mushrooms growing in my yard, a pokey mushroom. she cut my bangs supershort so they're sticking up like a little carpet brush, then the top and sides are kinda smooth like a mushroom until it gets down to the side where there's like a ruffled halo around the crown of my head. but i'm trying to stay positive, because at least it's not like this:

HAHAHA! dude, i crack myself up, i hope you're laughing at this post because i'm sitting here alone at my computer laughing my guts out. but, i'm trying to get myself in the mindset that "the haircut does not make the man." i am not my haircut. my haircut does not define me." believe. trust in that.

besides, there are a lot of people who have bad haircuts who don't let it get them down. take a look at david cook...

he's got a ginormous head and puts that crazy mop on top of it and still people think he's alright. and he's got professional stylists to do that to him. and even archuleta at the end of the season started to look like kind of a girly porcupine with his pokey head and perplexing bangs... yet he's still alright.

so i guess it's up to me to forget trying to get the perfect haircut everytime out and not get disappointed when it comes out looking funny. just gotta live with it and do it. besides, change is good right? don't want to have the same haircut for your whole lifetime, how boring. just make what you can out of each trip to the haircutters. maybe if i look at it from a positive angle, that it's good to update and change your style every now and then, just look at it like that, a change, not necessarily for the worse. turn it into something better. otherwise i'll think of them all like this:

and that's not good. think positive!

2 comments:

brandizzle said...

HELLO!
where's the picture of YOUR ugly haircut? crap, i just realized my hair kind of looks like david cook. i better get it cut soon.

Anonymous said...

Good fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.