Wednesday, April 25, 2007

#36 - a whale of a tale or the tail of a whale?

my sunday night dream...

I was in my bedroom at home, except that my desk was turned out to face the door, I was working on my computer because I wanted to change the color scheme on the computer, but I was having a hard time and the computer was giving me crap so it took such a long time and I got frustrated and went out into the living room where there was a pool table in the middle of the room. My family was watching a tennis tournament on tv, it was a professional tournament on clay courts, but for some reason it was being played on the big island. Then they showed like a webcam shot of the courts and keane n. (random dream cameo) was playing on the courts and we were all surprised that he was part of a professional tennis tournament. Then, I was even more surprised when I looked outside and saw that all those same courts were in our backyard, but the courts looked really beat up and even know they were supposed to be clay courts, they were just really brown and dirty hardcourts. So I went outside to watch keane play and it was pouring rain and I thought 1) well, I guess they can still play in the rain because it’s clay courts and they can tolerate a little bit of rain, and 2) darn, now I’m not gonna have tennis lessons because it’s raining.

So I went back in the house and some people were playing pool and laughing and cheering and I thought, too bad I can’t play pool very well because the pool cue is too long and I can't serve without hitting the ceiling (because for some reason I was thinking that I’d have to serve like in tennis with the pool cue), so then I thought, “when I get my own place maybe I can get a ping pong table instead.”

Anyway, by that time it was getting late, like 9:30 pm so I decided to go home. So I was driving home in somewhere that kinda looked like the H2 by mauka, there were these big rolling hills off to the right side of the freeway and it was very grassy with large walkways and little exercise stops and benches along the walkway. There were two guys who were pulled over by the cops and they were taking a sobriety test by standing face-to-face and putting their hands together, like in “london bridge.” Then next to them was this other guy who I knew was an escaped convict and they were arresting him and these other police guys were taping off crime scene areas and laying tarp down over a stairway to look for evidence. So I drove past them (and all the cars in front of me were going super slow because of the cops) and I saw an old lady walking down the sidewalk towards the cops and I said to myself “gee, that old lady is taking a stroll out here all by herself at 10:00 at night? That’s kinda dangerous.” But then I looked around again and everything was bright and sunny, like it was 10:00 am. That was weird I thought, I must’ve fallen asleep while working on the computer and it’s actually not as late as I thought.
So I was driving for a long long time, and then suddenly instead of driving, I was walking. I was walking down a nature-y type of path and I was going down this hill and at the bottom of the hill it turned into reef and I was at the ocean.
There was a long, narrow path of reef rock with lots of overgrown seaweed on it and I walked along that path and thought, “wow, look at that, I walked for so long that now I’m on kauai already.” The ocean was really nice, shallow reef all around me, there was even like a little hole in the reef were you could hear the water in underground caves below (kinda like a spouting caves blowhole, kinda like this:) but I didn’t want to walk all the way to kauai so I decided to turn back, but I had to take some pictures with my digital camera on the way back so I stopped to take some, but then the reef started moving. So I walked a little bit faster and came to that blowhole and I was gonna step over it when it MOVED! And then I realized it was REAL blowhole and the “reef” that I was walking on was actually the back of a whale! So I ran as fast as I could as the whale was moving until I got back to real reef and I jumped off the whale which had it’s tail in a little cave and was gonna swim out of the cave. I was so scared, but since I was on real reef I took a couple of pictures (very cool pictures) of the whale swimming away. And then I looked down into the cave and there were two tourists (a guy and his daughter) playing with the whale’s tail, because all of a sudden the inside of the cave turned into like y’know in stan sherrif arena how they have those hallways where the players come out of? It was like I was sitting in the stands right above that entrance and the whale and people were down in the corridor. Anyway, then I saw my dog allie down there playing with the whale too, so I called her to come back because I didn’t want her to jump on the whale and be taken out to sea.

So as I waited there, the water receded and the bottom of the cave was actually cement so I thought it would be safe it jump down, and when I did I realized that on the other side of the cave was an exit to go to some seaworld-like theme park, so I went out that way with allie and the two tourists and we were walking past some theme park food stands and there was one stand that had a guy (who kinda looked like mario, y’know super mario) who came up and allie started sniffing him and I was gonna yell at her to get down but then the sign on his cart said “let your dogs sniff, $5” or something like that. So I let her sniff.
uh... that's about all i remember. weird.

No comments: