Saturday, August 15, 2009

#280 - i caved...

so it's finally happened... i've given in and opened a facebook account. man, what happened to all my resolve to stay away? i thought i could wait it all out, like how myspace came and went, i thought i wouldn't have to get into the facebook world before it sputtered out. on the other hand though, why be so anti? who am i to refuse society's pressures? damn those afterschool PSA's brainwashing me to fight peer pressure... no, embrace peer pressure! that's how you become cool! and i want to be cool!

haha, for real though, it's not such a bad thing being on facebook, the only bad part about it is that now i have so many more people to offend by not checking the page and not writing back to people, so many more channels for rudeness, i already have a hard time not being rude to random people out in the community and now i have a whole internet community of people to try to not be rude to. well, practice makes perfect i guess, still, time is a factor. i've only been on this thing since like tuesday or something and already i've got loads of messages backed up to read, too much.

one more thing that's kinda still got me shaky on the whole facebook thing is the fear of worlds colliding. i mean, i don't mind having co-workers and friends viewing my page... but i found out that my MOM has a page! and she had a page before me! granted, i'm pretty sure she still doesn't know how to do much on it, but dude, i don't want my mom reading the same posts that my friends read, weird right? so here's to keeping my facebook page pretty boring.. anyway, i've still got this blog (hope she's not reading this one...) for my more creative posts, haha.

1 comment:

brandizzle said...

i hope my mom doesn't get a fb account! altho then maybe she could be your mom's friend. haha