Thursday, October 23, 2008

#189 - my job...

i'll be the first to admit... no one knows what a speech pathologist does.

most times when people ask me, i spout off something about stuttering, post-stroke rehabilitation, lisp-ers, or kids that say "wabbit" instead of "rabbit." but although i would like to think that the majority of my job really consists of working with stuttering clients or aphasia (that's when people have difficulty speaking after having a stroke), the reality is that, in hawaii, my only solid job options are in the schools. therefore, my daily working responsibilities are drastically different, and really not what i'd like to admit to doing all day, every day.

so for anyone who has ever wondered what i do at work monday through friday, my job is exactly like this:

... except that my clients are a lot younger and it doesn't take a minute and 36 seconds to make them cry.

5 comments:

Yosh808 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

you should get a facebook.
you should get everyone else to get a facebook. i told sam to tell kristen to get a facebook. unsuccessful.
c'mon. join the trend! be cool!

myspace < facebook.

i want a hamburger...

nure nezumi said...

oh no, it totally takes them way less than a minute and 36 seconds to make them cry... it's so easy.

i thought about getting facebook once... what happened? i think i got lazy. i can't even keep up with my myspace page....

nicole said...

was this movie good? i was laughing out loud.

i would like to request a post with the swedish chef. my favorites: making bread and making a banananananana split.

do it.

brandizzle said...

it's easy to make kids cry. haha

i appreciate what you do. my grandpa was one of those post-stroke dudes. he couldn't talk and he now he can. it's kind of a miracle!

making old ppl talk again is cool but making kids cry...priceless